Friday, July 9, 2010

Don’t Get Lazy

Friday, July 9, 2010
Mic. 1-4; Hebrews 6

Don’t Get Lazy
by Mary White

S--Heb. 6:11 “We want you to show this same diligence to the very end…do not become lazy…”

O--The writer of Hebrews was encouraging the reader to continue their good works, and acknowledging their love for God through those works. And encourages others to use this same diligence to the very end.

A--Some time we may think I’ve done my share…I’ll retire now. But this verse reminds us that we really never retire from the work of God. I may almost be of retirement age, but with this age I have gained wisdom and experience that can be used to help others grow, and hopefully avoid the mistakes I have made. I have a testimony that is uniquely mine and I need to continue to share it.

P--Help me Lord not to grow weary in well doing…help me not to become lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment