Friday, July 16, 2010

THE LORD IS MY HELPER

by Mary White

S--Hebrews 13:5b & 6 “Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you. So we say with confidence “the Lord is my Helper, I will not be afraid, what can man do to me?”

O--The writer of Hebrews is making his concluding remarks.

A--Have you ever felt alone, confused and afraid? God says that He will never leave us. The Word says (Isa) that He is our Refuge, our Shelter and our Shade. He is a place to run to, or better yet, a place in which I can reside. It’s been real hot lately, temperatures in the high 80’s and 90’s. If I don’t seek shelter I will truly burn and become ill. I know I need to find shade to survive. The Word says that God is our shade…but the shade does me no good unless I go to it. When I run to God I receive His help, He assures me that He is always there. I know that He truly is my Helper and I want to stay close to Him.

P--Thank you God that I can count on You. Thank You for Your promises to me. I love You Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Good word, Mary. I especially like the line "the Word says that God is our shade...but the shade does me no good unless I go to it." So true!

    ReplyDelete