Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stuck or on Your Road to Freedom?

S - Hebrews 7:25 - "Therefore he is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through him..."

O - This verse speaks about sanctification, which is the road to freedom. The verb "come" in the Greek is in the present tense. Justification is a once-for-all act. Sanctification is a continuing process or should be. It is based on our continuing to come to Him to be changed. The sad reality is that we can be saved, but not keep coming to be sanctified. We, as born again believers, can get stuck in the same old sins and dysfunctional behaviors. I DON'T WANT THAT!So when I get stuck, what I do then is seek God very determinedly because I know this isn't God's will, and I know that there is breakthrough for me. Sometimes it is a long road to freedom and it is easy to give up and get discouraged, but it is worth it.

A - I will keep coming to God persistently with faith that God can change me. He can save me to the uttermost!

P - Just as I am, I come. But Lord, I don't want to stay "Just as I am". I want to change. I want growth and breakthrough through your power and wisdom. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment