Wednesday, July 28, 2010

THE WORD IS FRUITFUL

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - July 28, 2010 - Isaiah 53-56; 2 Peter 2


S - Isaiah 55:11 It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

O - God is saying that just as rain and snow work to make a land fruitful, so His Word will produce fruit also.

A - I think we underestimate the power of the written Word of God. Reading the Word is what opened me up to the reality of God before I was saved. So many Christians don't spend time reading the bible every day. No wonder they have a hard time seeing God work in their lives! "I don't know how to witness to this person. I don't know what to say." Use scripture. Tell a story from the bible. Encourage them with a one liner from the Word. Watch His transforming power.

P- Lord, help me to carry Your Word in my heart. Help me to remember scripture and references so that I may use it for Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment