Friday, August 13, 2010

Jeremiah 13-15; John 15 CONNECTED by Mary White

S-- John 15:4 “Remain in me & I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself, it must remain in the Vine.”

O--Jesus is teaching about the importance of remaining connected to Him. He compares Himself to the vine, and us as the branches.

A--Though the fruit hang off the branches…if the branch were not connected to the vine, than it would receive no nourishment and would wither and die. I want to bear the fruit of a godly life, but I cannot do this on my own…I must be connected to the source of nourishment and power. I need to draw near to God and allow Him to change and purify me.

P--Oh God, when I get so full of myself that I think I can go it alone…please draw me back quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment