Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MY LIFE IS A PICTURE

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 8/31/10 Ezekiel 12-14; Revelation 5 - MY LIFE IS A PICTURE

S - Ezek 12:3-6 "Therefore, son of man, pack your belongings for exile and in the daytime, as they watch, set out and go from where you are to another place.  Perhaps they will understand, though they are a rebellious house.  During the daytime, while they watch, bring out your belongings packed for exile.  Then in the evening, while they are watching, go out like those who go into exile.  While they watch, dig through the wall and take your belongings out through it... I have made you a sign to the house of Israel."

O - God asked some hard things of the prophets!  This time Ezekiel was asked to be a sign to the people, going through the motions of departing in exile - to demonstrate what would happen to Israel because of their rebellion. Again, as always, Ezekiel did what he was asked to do.

A - What is the Lord asking of me?  How does He want me to be a role model to those who are pre-Believers as well as Believers?  Am I obeying?  I like how it is worded in the Message, verse 11, "Also tell them, 'I am drawing a picture for you.  As I am now doing, it will be done to all the people of Israel...' " The Lord uses our lives to draw pictures for others.  As we live our lives in love, we extend strong messages.

P - Father, thank you that I am your vessel, your temple, through which You desire to flow.  I pray that the picture I present will help others know of Your love and be drawn to You.  And please heal anything in me that prevents me from obeying or gives a faulty picture of You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment