Tuesday, August 3, 2010

W.W.J.D.

by Vivian Bills

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - Nahum 1-3; John 5


S - John 5:41-42 "Your approval or disapproval means nothing to me, because I know you don't have God's love within you."

O - Jesus was talking to the Jewish leaders who were harassing Him and trying to kill Him. Jesus didn't care what they thought of Him, because He could see that they didn't have God's love in them.

A - Do you remember the book and the bracelets and bumper stickers? W.W.J.D. - What Would Jesus Do? It applies here. If we want to imitate Christ because we love Him, then the opinions of those who don't love Christ should mean nothing to us. Conversely, if we know someone has the love of God in them, then we should listen to them and weigh their words and heed them because they are speaking to us out of that love.

P - Help me, Lord, to look for Your love in all people whom I would let sway me with their opinions of my conduct. Give me discernment, Lord, and help me to not be easily offended - that I might imitate Christ on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment