Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WILD TANTRUMS

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 8/10/10 Jer 5,6; John 12 - WILD TANTRUMS

S - Jeremiah 5:22 - I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.  The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it.

O - The Lord is speaking of his sovereignty; of His control over the sea.  When He formed it, the waters covered the earth.  But then He drew limits around the sea, a boundary that could not be crossed.  "I drew a line in the sand that cannot be crossed.  Waves roll in but cannot get through, breakers crash but that's the end of them. (MSG) Your wild tantrums are confined to this space." (Job 38:11 MSG)

A - Last night I shared with our group of ladies that my emotions are out of control lately (menopause).  I have always been a sensitive person; I can cry at the drop of a hat.  I feel deeply and am very passionate (I blame that on my Italian side!).  I hold things close to my heart and wear my emotions on my sleeve.  But it's even worse lately. My friend prayed this scene from her heart - that God would help me with boundaries around my emotions as he set limits for the sea.  Then she ran across the scripture this morning in our reading!!  Prophetic indeed; she wasn't aware of the scripture.

P - Father, thank you for your prophetic words spoken through other people.  Thank you for that God Hug - you surely have me on your heart!  Please help me when my emotions are taking over.  Please put boundaries around them.  Breakers crash - but let that be the end of them!  I need Your help in this.  I don't want to hurt others with this emotional sensitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment