Monday, August 2, 2010

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

LIKE FATHER LIKE SON
by Mary White

S--2Kings 21:20-21 “He did evil in the eyes of the Lord as his father Manasseh had done. 21 He walked in all the ways of his father.

O--Manasseh was the king and he did evil in the sight of God. He participated in all sorts of detestable practices. He died and his son Amon did the same.

A--”Like father like son”, Children learn at the knees of their parents; they listen and watch and often do likewise. We are our children’s best teachers. In this case the son continued in his fathers detestable ways. We have opportunity to help shape our children by, not only teaching what is right or wrong, but by our living what is right. The time for influencing our children is really short (it doesn’t seem so when they are young…but believe me it is.)

P--God forgive me for all the times I was a bad example to my children…and help me to live my life in a manner that is pleasing to you and a positive influence on my kids, grandkids, husband and neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment