Sunday, August 8, 2010

Powerful Words

S - Jeremiah 1:9b - "Behold I have put words in your mouth."

O - Jeremiah was called "to root out and to pull down, to destroy and to throw down, to build and to plant." He did it, not with programs or people or armies. He did it with the words that God gave him to speak. As I was meditating on this, I felt that the Lord said to me "I have called you and you are mine. You can learn to use words to bring forth my will. The secular world knows the power of words and taps into this power through mission statements, mantras, and slogans, but that is only a part of what I have planned for my people. How much more powerful it is when it is my words spoken in faith at the right time."

A - Words are powerful, especially God-given words spoken at the right time.

P - Oh Lord, I will wait upon you and seek to LEARN to hear your words, and to be endued with power to proclaim your words to bring forth your will. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment