Wednesday, August 18, 2010

POWER IN THE WORD

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - August 18, 2010 - Jeremiah 26, 35-36; John 20


S - John 20:31 But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life.

O - John knew that the recounting of Jesus' miracles would lead people to believe and they would be saved.

A - There is power in the Word and power in the testimony. Tell of everything that Jesus did when He walked the earth and everything He does now in your life. To some they will just be stories, but to others who are ready to hear, they will bring Life. Never underestimate the power of the Word. I first read the bible as a non-believer, a scholar reading literature. And those seemingly mere words were powerful enough to draw me in to the love of God and belief in Jesus. When you feel that the words you could come up with would be inadequate for someone, look to the Word, the scriptures, for power.

P - Lord, I thank You for Your Word, the Holy Bible, which brings Life everlasting when we choose to believe that what You say is true. I am so grateful that I chose to believe. Remind me, Lord, to use Your Word more with the non-believers who surround me. Lead them to You, Jesus, in Your name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment