Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A BEAUTIFUL THING

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 - Job 25; Mark 13-14

S- Mark 14:6 "Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me."

O - Jesus is talking with his followers about the woman who anointed him with expensive perfume. They thought it was a waste.

A - It is never a waste to take time to worship the Lord. It's a beautiful thing. It's okay to take the time even if your children are clingy, your tummy is hungry, your spouse is waiting for you. It's okay for them to witness your devotion and for you to draw them with you as you worship. I remember my dad thinking tithing was a waste and foolishness so that pastors could run around in fancy cars. I asked him if he saw the clunker our assistant pastor tooled around in. But, to me, tithing is an act of worship. It's giving back to God only a small portion of the abundance He has given me. The perfume the woman poured on Jesus' head was only a small portion of the riches He had bestowed upon her. Salvation is everything.

P - May it be a pleasing fragrance
That I bring to you oh my Lord
I am so in need of your presence
That I bow before you now
I pour my vial of worship over you

No comments:

Post a Comment