Saturday, November 13, 2010

God is big and I am Small

S - "Does the hawk fly by your wisdom?" Ps. 39:26

O - In chapters 38 and 39 of Job, God reveals his ominipotence (power) and his omniscience (knowlege). In chapter 40, Job realizes that God is big and he is small, and that Job's knowledge and understanding is limited. "Does the hawk fly by my wisdom?" The answer is no. So much is beyond my understanding and control! The great Apostle Paul realized this too. He said "For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I am known."

A - I declare that God is big and I am small. He knows all things, and I don't.

P - Lord, thank you for this beautiful amazing world we live in. Help us to humbly seek more wisdom and understanding. We want to learn and grow. Be with us on our journey of discovery, and help us to accept that some answers are elusive, but someday we will know as we are knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment