Wednesday, November 24, 2010

FORGIVING FROM YOUR HEART

by Vivian Bills

Wednesday - November 24, 2010 - Matthew 17-19 - FORGIVING FROM YOUR HEART


S - Matthew 18:35 "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive a brother or sister from your heart."

O - Jesus was explaining how we should forgive people through the parable of the unmerciful servant who ended up being tortured by the jailers until he paid back what he owed.

A - I owe Jesus a debt I can never repay. He saved me from the fiery pit of hell and eternal separation from love! If He could forgive me for breaking every single commandment, how can I NOT forgive a brother or sister who has merely offended me? You know how happy you are to receive an unexpected gift sometimes? You just want to pass at least a little of that good feeling along, don't you? So it is with forgiveness - pass it on! And it shouldn't be just lip service to say you did it. Let God change your heart so that you can truly forgive and say with all sincerity "I FORGIVE YOU!"

P - Lord, help me to walk in generous forgiveness, doling it out before anyone has to even ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment