Thursday, November 11, 2010

COMMON GROUND

by Vivian Bills

Thursday - November 11, 2010 - Psalm 122; 1 Corinthians 9-11


S - 1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.

O - Paul is speaking of his use of his freedom to win people to Christ.

A - The unfamiliar is uncomfortable to a lot of people. But, when they find they have something in common with someone, familiarity creeps in and friendships can form. And this is why it is good to look for something you have in common with the unsaved. Common ground can give you credibility. " I was once like you, but Jesus set me free." When you can do this, you set pride and arrogance aside and people might be more prone to linger and listen to what you have to say.

P - Lord, help me to always be able to find common ground with the lost and then use me to be a bridge straight to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment