Thursday, November 18, 2010

FREE!

by Vivian Bills

Thursday - November 18, 2010 - Psalm 124; 2 Corinthians 11-13


S - Psalm 124:7 We have escaped like a bird from the fowler's snare; the snare has been broken, and we have escaped.

O - The psalmist is speaking of how, because God is with us, we have escaped from the wrath of the enemy.

A - Sometimes when I reflect on my past before I came to the realization that Jesus died for my sins, I feel just like the psalmist says - I've escaped. I remember being in the midst of my sin and having thoughts that I could die right then because of what I was doing and panic would set it - the kind of panic that comes when you're entangled in a snare and the more you struggle, the more trapped you become. And then Jesus reached out with His nail pierced hands and ripped open a huge hole in that snare and pulled me out. I am free! I am free INDEED!

P - Jesus, thank You, thank You, thank You for setting me free. I will always remember how it felt to be trapped and I don't ever want to go back. I am so grateful. Help me, Lord, to never forget this and allow me to use my hands as the hands of Jesus to rip open the snares that have trapped others.

No comments:

Post a Comment