Saturday, November 6, 2010

What is your Harp tuned to?

S - Job 30:31 "My harp is tuned to mourning, and my flute to the sound of wailing."

O - Job has gone through terrible trauma: the loss of his family, possessions, health, prestige, and friends. He feels terribly hurt and wonders where God is in what he sees as a terrible injustice. Verse 27 says "The churning inside me never stops." There are people all around us who have been traumatized by life, whose harp and flute, their inward being and outward expression are constantly tuned to mourning. I think that eventually they have to let go of the unanswered question of "Why me?" and move in time to freedom by acceptance and forgiveness.

A - I want my harp tuned to gratitude and my flute to express joy.

P - Lord, I pray right now for anyone who is experiencing loss and grief, and who is tortured by unanswered questions. I know that "there is a time for everything" including "a time to mourn and a time to dance". I pray for your comfort, peace, strength in that time of mourning and pray that you give them hope that there is a place of healing, joy and restoration that you will lead them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment