Sunday, December 26, 2010

Love and Obedience

S: 2 John 6: And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning his command is that you walk in love.
O: We can show our love to Christ by our obedience to his teachings; by being imitators of the one who taught us how to live.
A: As I have grown in love for Christ my heart has undergone a transformation. I no longer see his commands as a burden that I have to carry but a way to demonstrate my love for the one who gave it all for me. How can I help but long to please the King who traded in his crown and throne for a cross and a crown of thorns so that I could live?
P: Father God I desire to grown in obedience; not because I am forced to but because I love you and my heart's desire is to please you. Show me the path of obedience in every interaction I have. Keep my feet planed firmly in your word that I may not stray. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment