Wednesday, December 1, 2010

THAT SIN

by Vivian Bills

12/1/2010 - Romans 5-8


S - Romans 7:19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing.

O - Paul was speaking about his own struggle with sin.

A - This is one of my favorite lines in the bible. When I hear it, I usually chuckle because it can sound like such a tongue twister depending on which version you read. And then I can SO relate to this. I don't WANT to sin - ever. And yet time and time again I find myself saying or thinking something that I shouldn't and it is extremely frustrating. HOWEVER, I do not stay in that place. I keep throwing sin aside and pressing on because Christ gives me the strength to do so.

P - Thank You, Jesus, that You rescued me from my sin and that You keep me from it as long as I keep my eyes on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment