Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday Dec. 23, 2010 John 15-18 "I am a Friend"

Thursday Dec. 23, 2010
John 15-18

"I am a Friend"

S- John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

O- Jesus is telling His disciples, that He no longer calls them slaves but because He has shared intimately with them everything He knows about His Father and He knows their hearts. He considers them a friend. The word for friend is also referred to as Love. The Message Bible He says, "But remember the root command is: Love one another.

A- When we abide in Him, He abides in us, and love one another, that is how we show His love not only to each other, but our love for God, because we obey His commandment. That makes us His friend......even as unworthy as I can be, He still calls me friend. Friendships are gifts from God.

P- Father, I thank you for the gift of friendship. I thank you that you call us friends. The more intimate we are with you the closer our friendship and the deeper our relationship grows in love. I love that name "friend." Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment