Thursday, January 20, 2011

BROKEN OR CRUSHED

by Vivian Bills


Thursday - January 20, 2010 - Genesis 49-50; Psalm 8; Luke 20


S - Luke 20:18 "Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces, but anyone on whom it falls will be crushed."

O - Jesus is speaking of Himself as the rock. Those who fall on Him are so much better off than those whom He will crush.

A - I'd rather be broken than crushed. Psalm 51:17 says that God will not despise a broken and contrite heart. But, I suppose if we aren't willingly broken, then the crushing will happen. There is so much that needs to be broken in order for God to do a mighty work in our lives - pride, fear, laziness, self-righteousness. It's all ugly and has no place in God's Kingdom. 

P - I am broken before You, Lord, and not crushed. Put the pieces of my life together, Jesus, as You see fit. I am Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment