Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Jan. 6, 2010 Gen. 15-17 Luke 6 "Take Initiative"


Thursday Jan. 6, 2010

Gen. 15-17 Luke 6
"Take Initiative"

S- Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

O- Jesus is telling us how He wants us to treat ALL people.....referring to not just those we like, but those who have offended and hurt us.
It's by loving them, and treating them as you would want to be
treated. His word for us is that it is easy to love those who love you, but to love those that hate you....that it the true test of love.
.
A- When someone judges you are wrongly accuses you of something
it's our nature to shun them or to disassociate yourself with that person. When we choose to love, despite how we may feel, that is when God
will develop our character to be more like His. This is where God's word becomes our foundation, and not what others say about you, or accuse you of. It is actually freeing to your mind and soul, to take the initiative and forgive those that wrongly accuse
and hurt you, then to hold on to that hurt, and shun them.

P- Father in heaven, thank you for your words that are so freeing to the soul. Help me to love those that are difficult to love, and those that do not love me.
I give you my heart to be an initiator of treating others how I would want to be treated, especially to those that hurt me. Use me as an Initiator. Thank you Lord, that your
grace is all that I need, and help me to extend that to others. Thank you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment