Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday - January 12, 2011 - Genesis 29-30; Luke 12 - DO NOT WORRY

S - Luke 12:23 Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.

O - Jesus was admonishing His disciples to not worry about food and clothing - that God will provide.

A - I've been there. As a young mother I worried about having enough food for my child to the point that I made myself sick and resented my husband for being the opposite of a good provider. But, during those hard times, if you had gone through my pantry and my refrigerator and my freezer you would have found more than enough. Even when I was an unbeliever, He provided for me. I've obsessed over food, eating too much and then restricting the "bad foods" in an attempt to lose weight. But life is about so much more than food. I know someone who spends hours and hours being upset because she thinks someone wants to eat her food (that she does not even have the physical capacity to eat herself) and she is not very pleasant to be around.

P - Lord, thank You for life and sustenance. Help me to teach others this message, not by neglecting their physical needs, but by always pointing to You, the provider of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment