Wednesday, January 19, 2011

NO ROOM FOR GOD

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - Genesis 47-48; Psalm 10; Luke 19


S - Psalm 10:4 In their pride the wicked do not seek him; in all their thoughts there is no room for God.

O - David is making an observation about those wicked people who seem to get away with everything. They don't even think about God.

A - I cannot even fathom a day when I don't even think about God. But, I used to have plenty of those days, so I do remember what it was like before I finally saw my salvation. It seems as if Jesus occupies my every thought sometimes and I cannot even imagine a day without Him. But the wicked are so consumed with their own pride and their own sin that they don't allow God to have even one of their passing thoughts. And how hopeless their lives seem to me. What do they live for? Money? There is never enough. Food? Their stomachs always ask for more. Possessions? There are always more to acquire. There is never peace for these people. They will never have it all.

P - Thank You, Jesus, that You are ALL to me and You give me peace. You give me satisfaction everlasting. Use me somehow, Lord, to show others that they can always make room for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment