Sunday, January 9, 2011

You Give Them Something to Eat

S: Luke 9:13 – He replied “You give them something to eat”.
O: The disciples were urging Jesus to send the crowd away so they could go to nearby towns and find food. Jesus replied that they were to feed the crowds.
A: This passage is talking about food for the crowds to eat but it spoke to my heart in the context of spiritual food. Am I feeding those around me or am I urging someone else to do it for me? If God has put someone in my life – it’s for a reason. I must choose whether this will be another missed opportunity or if I am going to go for it – offer them some spiritual food. Take a risk or play it safe. Because of what Jesus did on the cross for me, I have been giving a second chance, a “do-over”. I am not the person I used to be. It has been a journey with many twists and turns and some set-backs but along the way God had planted people with spiritual food to offer me. Where would I be today if those people had played it safe? If they hadn’t taken a chance on me; if they hadn’t taken the time to deposit some spiritual “food” into the broken, hurting person in front of them? I don’t want to stand in front of my Savior one day and regret all the times I could have fed the one in front of me but didn’t. Instead, I want to rejoice with him over those I fed. I may never see the effect of my efforts here on earth but I want to be able to say “I gave them food when they were hungry”.
P: Father God I ask right now for the willingness and desire to feed those around me – even when it’s not convenient. Father God equip me with the “spiritual food” that those around me need and remove my fear of what other people might think if I take that risk and offer them “food”. Use me Father. Let me be your voice, your hands, your feet, your heart. Let me make a difference in just one life today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment