Sunday, January 2, 2011

Set me Free

S: Genesis 4:7. …And if you do not do well sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you but you should rule over it.
O: The Lord is telling Cain that sin is at the door but that he should resist his urge to sin.
A: Sin is always at the door. It’s my choice today whether to open that door or to keep it firmly closed. Jesus shed his blood for my sin. He gave me the greatest gift of all. Yet despite this incredible gift I will still need to be accountable for the way I have lived my life. Not just my actions but my thoughts and motives and those things hidden in my heart. Truth is, some days those thoughts and the condition of my heart are not so pretty and if I let them take up residence in my mind and in my heart they infect the entire neighborhood. Constant vigilance is the key. Justification creeps in and before I know it I have sin dressed up and looking good. I can’t battle the sin in my life alone and I can’t keep it a secret. I must bring it into the light, share it with someone I trust and then take it to my Lord and Saviour. He alone has the power to enable me to turn from my sin and wash me clean.
P: Father God I thank you for the ultimate gift – your son Jesus Christ – who gave up his life for me, a sinner. Father my heart’s desire is to walk in your ways. Give me strength to resist temptation of all kinds. Give me the courage to face off with the sin in my life, to get real. Wash me clean Lord that my life, my thoughts, my heart will be a pleasing fragrance to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment