Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011 Exodus 17-20 Acts 3 "Money isn't Everything"


January 27, 2011
Exodus 17-20 Acts 3

"Money isn't Everything"
S- Acts 3:6 Peter said, " Silver and gold have I none; but what I have, that give thee. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk"

O- Peter and John were going to the temple, upon entering the gate called Beautiful, they came across a beggar who was crippled. The beggar was carried there by someone to beg people for money. He certainly didn't get there on his own, because he was too crippled to walk. With the lead and sensitivity of the Holy Spirit, John & Peter noticed him, and said "look at us." The man expected them to give him money, but what they told him was "silver and gold I have none, but what I have, I give thee, in the name of Jesus Christ. He was healed.

A- What catches my eye in this verse is that the beggar was put there to beg for money. HIs self worth must have been so low, and I wonder what happened to the money that he received for those who felt sorry for him, and gave. I am sure, it was taken and he was probably made fun of, and lived a life of such shame. One of my favorite things about God, is He knows ALL, and He knows our hearts and He is so Faithful. God met the beggar right where he was at, and healed him through Peter and John. The beggar did not go back to where he came from, to go looking for the people who did wrong to him every day....he clung to Peter and John and thanked God, and walked in his healing.

P- Dear Lord, teach us to be in tune to you in the moment, especially when we are put in situation that we do not want to be in. Give us the opportunity to be blessed out of our obedience to you. I'm so thankful you know my heart better than anyone. Thank you Lord for your unconditional love, and for knowing my end from my beginning. Just like for this beggar, you can wipe away shame & hurt, and the labels that put on us
and give us a new name, You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment