Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BE ENCOURAGED!

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - February 2, 2011 - Exodus 33-34; Psalm 16; Acts 9


S - Acts 9:31 Then the church throughout Judea, Galilee and Samaria enjoyed a time of peace and was strengthened. Living in the fear of the Lord and encouraged by the Holy Spirit, it increased in numbers.

O - During this time of peace, the church became strong; it did not weaken from lack of activity. People were revering the Lord, Holy Spirit encouraged them and more people came to the Lord.

A - Holy Spirit is an encourager! Be encouraged! My friends who are down and depressed, listen up! To live in fear of the Lord means to follow His commands. Respect Him, worship Him. The early church did this and they were strengthened and encouraged. Allow yourself to be encouraged. Allow myself to be encouraged? Yes. Dwell on the goodness and glory of our Lord. When we constantly dwell on our personal troubles, we get into a selfish swirley which prevents us from looking UP. Look up. Be encouraged.

P - Lord, help me to stop complaining and being discouraged. Draw my eyes to You as I follow You and not my own circumstances. Holy Spirit, I welcome You with open arms. Encourage me, in Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment