Tuesday, February 22, 2011

REMAIN CONFIDENT

by Cathy Weymouth


Tuesday 2/22/11 Numbers 10.11; Psalm 27; Mark 1 - Remain Confident


S - Ps 27: 1-3,14 NLT, The Lord is my light and my salvation— so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident... Wait patiently for the Lord Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


O - Because my Lord loves us and is our fortress and protector, we can remain brave, courageous and confident in the midst of the battle.


A - Oh boy - this bravery and confidence described in Psalm 27 is NOT what I have been feeling this past week. I am going through a difficult ministry situation and it's totally throwing me.  I feel like I'm toppling over. This is the perfect scripture for me this morning to remind me that with My Lord on my side, I can remain confident and not fall in fear - but I need to get my eyes and trust back on Him.


P - Lord forgive me for my fear, lack of trust and confidence.  I put my eyes on You as my fortress, my confidence, my protector.  Would you come rescue me from my fear, please?!  Only then will I be brave, courageous and confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment