Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Feb. 28 Numbers 24-27; 1 Cor.13

"Without Love....I am Nothing"
S-1 Cor. 13 And these three remain: faith hope and love. But the greatest of these is love

O- The message we are to get from this passage is about Love. With out Love we are nothing, we have nothing, we will be nothing. We can have many other gifts, and do for God, but if these gifts that we have and the things we do are without Love, they mean and are done for nothing. Love is first, it is God's greatest commandment.

A- Just recently in our leadership class we learned how administrating love in all aspect of our ministry and life. Without Love, we will go know where and we aren't a good leader without having everything we are and do be out of love. Just recently I had an opportunity that was out of my comfort zone, but thought about this passage of scripture, and this lesson. A woman was in the ER waiting room. Her husband was just admitted for surgery with water around his heart.
The doctor came in, and asked everyone in the waiting room to leave. When I returned, she was calling many phone numbers not reaching anyone, and crying. I simply asked if she was ok? She said "no." and started crying. I walked over to her, and asked if I could hug her.....she said "I really need that today."
Like a flood that was being held back, she then told me that her husband is not doing well, because the water, was blood and she can't reach anyone to be with her. I simply said, "i"ll be with you, until someone come." She just cried and cried, and I asked if I could pray with her. As simple of an act as that may be.......that was love for me, and for her. That's all God is asking us to do......be His Arms, His eyes, His feet......His Hands. Be obedient to His call:)

P- Lord, I thank you for the divine opportunity to administer love to this woman in the hospital. I ask you to bring on the more......more opportunities. Please help me to not be too busy to catch the opportunities that you put before me. I want to be your Hands that hold the one who needs comforting, the arms that hug the one that needs loving, your eyes that see the needs of the hurting and less fortunate.....for this is Love. Teach me, because it's all there is to be and without it I am nothing.

1 comment: