Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Feb. 17, 2011 Numbers 1,2; Acts 24 "Stay Steadfast & True"

Thursday Feb. 17, 2011

Numbers 1,2; Acts 24
"Stay Steadfast & True"
S-Acts 24:12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city.

O- Paul is being brought before the judge by a lawyer named Tertullius and some of the elders. They were accusing Paul of being a ring leader and stirring up the people and the city with riots among the Jews, and even tried to desecrate the temple, so they seized him and brought him before the judge, to be persecuted and put away in prison. Paul was his own public defender, and did not have a lawyer. Even in these circumstances of being wrongly accused, Paul stayed true to his beliefs in God and his fruits of the spirt prevailed in his own defense.

A- Even after being brought before a judge and wrongly accused and judged, Paul remained level headed and his character stayed stayed strong and he was an influence. I know there are times in my life when there have been judgements against me that in my heart of hearts sting and I believe are not true, but how does my character look on the outside, even though I am crushed on the inside. God wants us to always be of true character, not only when things are going in our favor, but the real tests are when they are not. How do we respond, when someone cuts us off at the red light, or leans on their horn, when we have no clue, to what we are doing wrong. Those are the true life tests, the test of our character. I so want to pass those tests.

P- Father, thank you for tests and trials. Thank you that you are the judge, our only judge and it is only your opinion and your thoughts of your children that should matter. Teach me to only care about what you think, and help me to develop a character that is consistent and does not waver with the measure of the intensity of the tests, but keep me strong and well fed with your word when things are well, so that when tests come, I am strong. Just like bootcamp.....build strength, so when the tougher exercises come, I will have built my muscle to be able to handle the increase in the intensity of the exercise. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment