Thursday, February 24, 2011

Signs all around me

S: Numbers 14:11 - The Lord said to Moses, “How long will these people treat me with contempt? How long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs I have performed among them?
O: The Israelites were grumbling and complaining saying that they should have stayed in Egypt and died there despite all of the miracles which God had performed on their behalf.
A: Despite miracle after miracle the Israelites did not have the faith to believe that God would bring them through their “wilderness time”. Don’t we often do the same thing? There are miracles all around us yet when things become uncomfortable for us don’t we often rely on our power rather than trusting in the Lord to bring us out of the wilderness? Have you ever thought “I believe that God will set them free but I’m not so sure it applies to me?” When we work under our own power we lose out on what God has for us in the middle of those circumstances or that “wilderness time”. We lose out on the opportunity to grow our faith. The other day in worship God spoke to me and told me to thank him for every circumstance in my life. Now some of the circumstances in my life today are painful and are not acceptable to ME but God wanted me to name each circumstance by name and say “thank you Lord” over each and every one. From the big to the small. One by one I named them and I thanked him. Circumstance by circumstance those things in my life I felt I could not live with (or without) became less important. Less of a big deal and HE became the bigger deal until I could say “God I love you and if you want me to walk through this and this and that I’m willing if we’re doing it together. Just like the Israelites I had taken my eyes off of who my God is and focused on the circumstances around me. When my eyes focused back on the miracle maker I had hope and my faith grew.
P: Father God forgive me for all the times I have let you down by focusing on the circumstances around me instead of what YOU can do in my circumstances. There are miracles around me every day if I am looking for them. If I am seeking you. Father I have circumstances today but I don’t want to “do it alone”. I want to do them with you. Thank you for each opportunity in front of me today. Walk with me. Guide me. Show me the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment