Friday, February 11, 2011

Leviticus 15-17; Act 18

A HUMBLE TEACHER
by Mary White

S--Acts 18:26b “When Priscilla and Aquila heard him they invited him into their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.”

O--Apollos was speaking with boldness in the synagogue. He was a learned man and had much knowledge of Jesus. However, he did not have a personal relationship with Him.

A--Priscilla and Aquila are a wonderful example of great teachers. They could have publicly rebuked Apollos or corrected him. Instead they befriended him and shared truth with him. I believe that this did not embarrass him but inspired him. We are to be more like Priscilla and Aquila, lovingly and humbly presenting the truth of the Word of God to others. This is a great example of servant leadership.

P--Lord help me to be a friend to those around me. Help me to receive correction with a right spirit. Teach me to be more like you; leading others with a servant’s heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment