Sunday, February 20, 2011

Restorer of my soul

S: Psalm 23:3: He restores my soul. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His names sake.
O: The Lord restores me and guides me in the way I should go.
A: I love this Psalm. It paints such an awesome picture of God taking care of us. The line that God really pointed out to me today were some very simple words “He restores my soul”. God is in the restoration business. He will start with our insides. “He restores my soul” and then watch his work spill over into our lives – our marriages, our children, our finances, our jobs, our ministries. If we will surrender to his restoration work in us he will make us new. Lately I’ve been noticing some areas in my life that need some restoration work. Areas where I have lost my focus on who God is. The beauty is as soon as I’ve had enough of “doing it my way” and I end up on my face on the floor saying the only prayer I can pray “Help Help Help Help”….. God’s response is immediate. My soul IS being restored. Those areas of my life are in the shop with the Lord right now and will emerge restored & new. And I did nothing except cry out for help. Thank you Jesus, restorer of my soul.
P: Father God I need you at the center of my life. I need to remember how dependent on you I am. Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your willingness to restore what was lost. I am a work in process Lord. Give me the willingness Lord to surrender to the process so that you can finish your work in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment