Wednesday, February 16, 2011

GOD'S REWARD FOR MY OBEDIENCE

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - February 16, 2011 - Leviticus 26-27; Acts 23 


S - Leviticus 26:3 If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands,...

O - God is speaking to the Israelites conditionally, telling them that He will bless them if they obey Him.

A - There is a reward for obedience. Sometimes I think that we spoil our children. Why bribe them into doing something they should just be doing because they're living and breathing? However, when I look to God for an example, I see that this is just what He does. He says that if we obey Him, He will bless us. God, as our heavenly Father, doesn't constantly and consistently punish us for our wrongdoings (which I tend to do with my children.) But He DOES reward us for obedience - my blessed life is a testimony to this.

P - Lord, help me to concentrate more on rewarding my children for their good behavior as opposed to punishing them for their bad. I thank You for Your grace and mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment