Friday, February 4, 2011

Exodus 37,38; Psalm 19; Acts 11

“WHAT ARE WE THINKING”
S--Psalm 19:14a; “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight…”

O--The Psalmist was talking about the laws of the Lord and how they kept him from falling into sin; and his own desires to please God in every area of his life.

A--In this Psalm we hear how David wanted to please God, not only in word and deed, but also in his thought life. He wanted to be holy and pleasing to God. Our thought life can either lead us into feeling like victims or to bring us into vulnerability and victory. No one knows what we are thinking…so who cares? God cares. Instead of thinking about “how they’ve done me wrong…“ we need to be thinking on “how do I forgive and go on.“ Instead of thinking “it’s not fair” we need to be thinking “help me see Your hand in this situation.“ To be pleasing to Him we need to be able to meditate on things that are pure, holy, and of good report…these are the things we need to be spending our thought life on.

P--Father, I want to be like the Psalmist… I want every area of my life to be pleasing to You. Please help me when my mind starts to wander towards the negative and bring me back to dwell on the beauty of Your love and provision for me. My desire is to be pleasing to You. I need Your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment