Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Touch of Jesus

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 3/1/11 Numbers 28,29; Mark 8 - The Touch of Jesus

S - So they arrived at Bethseida where a blind man was brought to him (Jesus), with the earnest request that he should touch him.

O - Jesus responded with the very request - He moistened his hands with saliva and touched the man's eyes. When his sight was only partially recovered, Jesus again put his hands on the man's eyes. With two touches by Jesus, the blind man's vision was fully restored

A - Maybe sometimes it as simple as this - we need Jesus to touch us.  I just read an account of the healing that Heidi Baker received when she traveled to Toronto, sick, weak and discouraged years ago. For one week she basked in the Lord's presence, totally overcome. She was touched.  She was healed and recharged with God's power and strength like never before.  It was a turning point for her life personally as well as Iris Ministries.

P - Lord, would you touch me today please?  Would you touch those who need your presence today?  Please recharge us, energize us, launch us out with your power and presence - able to change the world. 

1 comment:

  1. As I had read these verses I had not seen this perspective, thank you for the wonderful insight. I feel silly to think that I missed it! I see how much we need each other in the body.

    ReplyDelete