Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday, March 10, 2011 Duet. 13-15 Gal. 1 "God Pleasers"

Thursday, March 10, 2011
Duet. 13-15 Gal. 1

"God Pleasers"

S- Gal. 1:10 Am I now trying to win the approval of man, or of God? Ot am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of God.

O- Paul is writing about his life of being chosen by God in his mother's womb, to be a god pleaser and to preach the word and the truth about God, and not to change the truth about God, just because someone doesn't agree with it, to please that person. By doing this, and living his life this way, he is a servant to God....totally sold out, for Him alone, and no other can sway him otherwise. He's a God pleaser.

A- I like how Paul uses the word "now," in the present, because he didn't used to be like that. Before his conversion to be sold out to Christ, he was a people pleaser, and very successful at it. It's easy to be a people pleaser, and sway back and forth from what you believe to not wanting to upset anyone with a difference of opinion that could be different from how they think, to the truth of what you know. Being a God Pleaser is returned to you, by god by walking in God's favor. Being a people pleaser, you are always searching for Favor of man, and if you find it, it is short lived. God looks deep into the hearts of His chosen servants, and is the judge of the heart.

P- Father, thank you for Paul's heart and for his example of a God Pleaser. I want my heart to be totally sold out to you, and to be a servant to you and your people that are called by your name. Thank you, that I have been chosen to be a carrier of your truth, and let me not waver on that truth, but to share it for what it is, because to know the truth is the path to freedom. Thank you for your the gift of Favor for those who you know the true heart of.a God pleasers I'm a work in progress, thank you for your Grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment