Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SNAKES & POISON

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - March 9, 2011 - Deuteronomy 10-12; Mark 16


S - Mark 16:17-18 "And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

O - Jesus was speaking to the disciples after He came back to life.

A - Picking up snakes (ew) and drinking deadly poison - um - these things I'd rather not do. But, if you go beyond the literal and into the figurative, what Jesus is saying is that we will do what people normally won't do. We can face fears (snakes) and when people try to poison us with their words or actions, we will not be harmed. I am one who believes and these signs accompany me. I do all these things because Jesus said I would.

P - Thank You, Jesus, for these signs. Use me, Lord, to show people the way to You and to prove that what You said is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment