Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Flourishing Olive Tree

by Cathy Weymouth


Tuesday 3/29/11 Judges 6,7; Psalm 52; 1 Cor 14 - A Flourishing Olive Tree


S - Psalm 52:8-9 NASB, But as for me, I am like a green olive tree [flourishing] in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever. I will give You thanks forever, because You have done it, And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.


O - In his discourse about the ways of an evil man, David proclaims his own trust in the Lord.  David's Psalms seem to often have this format... he begins with distress over a situation or a person who is doing evil and then he proclaims, "But God!" - ending with his trust in God.


A - I am personally going through a difficult time right now. But I know the Lord is calling me away to be refreshed and renewed.  I want the water of His Spirit to make me green again.  I trust in Him to refresh me.  He is my loving, kind Father who has refreshed me in the past and will do it again.  


P - Lord, I wait on Your name while away.  Speak to me, I pray. Refresh me. And I pray for others who are depleted and have lost their bounce.  Breathe your Spirit into their weary souls, I pray.  Restore them as green olive trees that bear much fruit - flourishing in Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment