Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WORK FOR IT

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - March 23, 2011 - Joshua 15-17; 1 Corinthians 8 

S - Joshua 17:18b "...though the Canaanites have chariots fitted with iron and though they are strong, you can drive them out."

O - Joshua was responding to the tribes of Ephraim and Manasseh when they asked for a greater allotment amongst the Israelites because of their numbers. They wanted more and then when they received more they complained because they'd have to work to get it.

A - These people already admitted that they had been blessed abundantly by the Lord (Joshua 17:14) and they still wanted more. I think it's kind of funny. They must have gotten used to their blessings and started taking them for granted. They wanted more, but they didn't want to work for it. Joshua sounds like a good parent here. "Sure you can have it, but you're going to have to work a little to get it. You can do it!" I think sometimes God wants us to work a little for what we want from Him. We want good health? We might have to do our part by eating right and exercising. We want money? We might have to work a little harder and be wise about our spending.

P - Thank You, Lord, for ALL Your blessings I have received. Teach me and enable me to do my part when You tell me to, in order to receive more.

No comments:

Post a Comment