Thursday, March 17, 2011

GOD'S POWER

by Vivian Bills


Thursday - March 17, 2011 - Deuteronomy 32-34; 1 Corinthians 2 


S - 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power.

O - Paul was a man of many wise words, but he knew it was not his words that convinced people to follow Jesus - it was the demonstration of God's power.

A - I spend a lot of time searching for the right words that will convince my wayward son to come back to the Lord. He is one who puts a lot of stock in intelligence and so many times I think I can convince him, with words, that God is who He says He is. But this scripture reminds me that it is not up to me. My son needs to put his faith in God and His power, not in the wisdom of men.

P - God, come in power! Demonstrate who You are to my son and everyone else in my sphere of influence. Use me Lord, to reveal Holy Spirit's power to them that they might come to the saving knowledge of who You are and what You did for us when You sent Your beloved Son Jesus to die for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment