Wednesday, March 16, 2011

FOOLISHNESS

by Vivian Bills


Wednesday - March 16, 2011 - Deuteronomy 30-31; Psalm 40; 1 Corinthians 1


S - 1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

O - Paul sums up what the unsaved think of those of us who believe in Jesus. 

A - I remember not getting it. I remember relying on my intelligence to get me through. And I remember being on the brink of insanity when I realized that I really was powerless over my life and the things that were killing me. I got to the point where I knew I didn't want to live anymore, which was crazy because I had a young son who needed me. And then I realized that if I was crazy enough to kill myself, then it was really okay to try the craziness of believing in Jesus. I really did just "try" Jesus as a last ditch effort to survive. And He came through for me. I willingly put my reliance on my own intelligence aside and discovered that relying on the One who knows everything makes ALL the difference in the world.

P - Thank You, Jesus, for saving me from myself. I love You so much! I will follow You anywhere. Lead me on the path of righteousness. Guide my steps. Use me to show others the way to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment