Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday, June 3, 2011 Proverbs 25-27; Roman 15

HOPE
S=Scripture - O=Observation - A=Application - P= Prayer

S-Romans 15:13 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him…so that you may be overflowing with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

O-Paul is ministering to the Gentiles.

A-My study Bible says that “Any HOPE the Christian has comes from God by the power of the Holy Spirit. HOPE cannot be conjured up by human effort, it is God’s gift by His Spirit.” When sickness hangs on and you are constantly bombarded with pain, you can start to lose HOPE. We can try to put on a “good face”, “buck up” and “hang in there.” We can try to conjure up HOPE…but HOPE is a gift…as we trust God in all areas of our lives. I know that when times are difficult for me I try to remind myself of all the times that God DID come through for me…this helps to build my faith and helps me move from discouragement to HOPE.

P-Oh God, I don’t want to just endure the trials I go through…I want to be filled with HOPE. Forgive me for my lack of faith and trust and help me to trust you in all areas of my life. Thank you for loving me no matter what I feel, say or do. You are AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment