Friday, June 17, 2011

MY GOD IS SO BIG

S=Scripture - O=Observation - A=Application - P= Prayer
S-I Kings 20;28b The prophet relayed this message from God “Because the Arameans think the Lord is a god of the hills and not a god of the valleys, I will deliver the vast army into your hands and you will know that I am the Lord.”

O-The Arameans had just lost a great battle, which was fought in the hills, thinking that the Israelites god was only a god of the hills, they decided to fight the next battle in the valley, expecting to win. They were wrong…and were defeated.

A- Do we limit our God? Do we say “oh yes God healed him…but my illness is too big/small for Him to bother with.” Do we say “I know God forgives…but He would never forgive me of this.” Do we put limits on God, the Creator of the Universe? My Grandkids sing a song that goes something like this…”MY GOD IS SO BIG, SO GOOD AND SO MIGHTY, THERE’S NOTHING MY GOD CANNOT DO.” There is no limits or boundaries to what God can a will do with and for us.

P- “Oh God…forgive me for ever putting limits on You, Your love, the power of Your forgiveness and grace. I know there is NOTHING You cannot do…help me to live in this truth”

No comments:

Post a Comment