Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday June 16, 2011 1 Kings 17-19 Colossians 2

Thursday June 16, 2011
1 Kings 17-19 Colossians 2
S-Scripture O-Observation A- Application P-Prayer

S-Col. 2:13 MSG: Going under the water was a burial of your old life coming up and out of it was a resurrection. God raising you from the dead as He did Christ.

O- Paul is talking about being water baptized and when you make that decision to have your sins washed away, and to come up new in Christ, it is a heart decision, and the baptism is an act to demonstrate this choice and change in your life.

A- When I was water baptized in 1995. We had jus come back from a very powerful life changing trip to my first Vineyard Church trip in Toronto. I had made the choice to go there to have God deliver me from my addictions, rather than going to a clinic.....God was Faithful and delivered me from 3 addictions instantly. I bought a black dress in Toronto, and that Sunday at church I was water baptized in it, symbolizing the death to my sin, and the new me in Christ.

P- Thank you Jesus, that your resurrection power is for everyone and for anytime......You are just waiting to show it when the heart it right to turn from the sin. I ask that you not let the miracles of your resurrection power grow old and taken for granted, but rather we keep them fresh and your goodness is with us everyday. Thank you for my miracles:) Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment