Wednesday, June 1, 2011

RULES AND RULERS

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 - Proverbs 19-21; Romans 13

S - Romans 13:1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established.

O - This is Paul's admonition to obey the law, whether or not you feel like it.

A - This is a good word for an inherently rebellious heart like mine.  I don't always agree with the law and authorities, but God commands me to obey and respect authority.  I say I don't like rules,but if they are established, I will abide by them.  I feel that if I am participating in an event with rules or am visiting a place with rules, then I should obey them or just not be there.

P - Lord, I thank You for rules and rulers and for those who obey them.  Rules and rulers are there for a reason and You have established them.  Help me to be respectful and obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment