Wednesday, June 8, 2011

HOTHEAD

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 - Ecclesiastes 7-9; Ephesians 4

S - Ecclesiastes 7:9 - Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
O - Solomon is advising us to not be hotheads.
A - My father was quick tempered.  He could explode at the drop of a hat and you never knew when it would happen.  As I grew up, I became like him because people would JUMP.  I felt like I got the desired result when I exploded.  But, I was foolishly mistaken.  I might have been able to change things for an instant, but things wouldn't last.  I've learned over the years that NOT exploding gets me bettter, long lasting results.  People will actually stick around to hear what I have to say!
P - Lord, keep me cool and even tempered.  Help me to invoke positive change by not exploding, in Jesus' name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment