Thursday, June 9, 2011

Marriage is a gift

Thursday June 8, 2011
"Marriage is a Gift"
Ecc. 10-12; Psalm 94, Eph. 5

S- The Message Eph.5:25 Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church - a love marked by giving, not getting.

O- I observe in the scripture that christ is calling our husbands to love their wives as Christ loves the church. Christ adores the church and He loves making the church whole. Out of the love from our husbands, in return we love and respect and allow him to be the man of God he is called to be in our marriage, even if it is not perfect. That is why the two become one....to be whole.

A- My husband is awesome as an example for showing Christ love for me, and for being the head of the house. It does not mean he is domineering over me, it means he loves me and helps me through my short comings and faults, and he leans on my strengths and talents. God uses both a husband and a wife's gifts & talents and strengths & weaknesses and makes a whole and complete marriage. Sometimes my husband will say "you complete me" it's the best compliment, because he is saying I am his helpmate in areas he may have short comings.....I feel that same, and respect his decisions, even when I don't agree, because that is submission......submitting even when you don't agree.

P- Lord, thank you for the gift of marriage. That you give us a gift and a soul mate to walk through the challenges and triumphs of our life with. At times to celebrate, and at times to get through the tough stuff. Thank you, for the gift of the husband and giving him the authority to make the decisions, and the love and respect for their wives. I am blessed, bless those with a different perspective for marriages that may not feel blessed in that same way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment