Tuesday, June 7, 2011

JESUS IS MY DELIVERER!

by Cathy Weymouth

Tuesday 6/7/11 Ecclesiastes 4-6; Psalm 18; Ephesians 3 - JESUS IS MY DELIVERER!

S - Psalm 18:2,16 HCSB, The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. He reached down from heaven and took hold of me; He pulled me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy.

O - I love this psalm!  David gives testimony of how the Lord delivered him from his enemies who were exceedingly powerful.  He testifies how God armed him with strength for the battle; how he was able to pulverize them like dust because of the Lord's deliverance!  This is an encouraging psalm to read when we feel we are overwhelmed with difficulty.

A - In this psalm I see God coming powerfully to deliver us when we cry out to Him; He arms us with strength for the battle, He goes before us, He prepares the land and we come in and defeat the enemy that is trying to take us down. Then, like David, we can say, "He brought me out to a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me!" (v 19).  This is my weight loss testimony.  I cried out, He heard me, He armed me with strength, together we defeated the enemy in my life!  Jesus truly is my Deliverer!

P - Jesus, thank you!  You did it!  Thank you that you hear from on high and pull us out of the deep waters and indeed free us from our enemies! The Lord lives - may my rock be praised! (v 46).

No comments:

Post a Comment